The 8 Branches of Ayurveda
Ayurveda is a complete science that gives detailed instruction on the treatment of all or any disease.
It’s eight specialised branches of treatment are:
treatment of diseases of the head and neck (ear, nose & throat healthcare)
surgery (removal of foreign bodies, repair and reconstruction)
toxicology - care of conditions caused by natural or artificial poisons
psychology - care of the mind and spirit
paediatrics - healthcare & treatment of diseases specific to children
fertility treatment - strengthening the reproductive potential of the body
and finally - geriatrics - or rather the prevention of. This area of ayurveda is called rasayana and it concerns nourishing and protecting the body from ageing. Ayurveda is unique in its presentation of natural foods that maintain youth and prevent the premature decay of the body or decline of its health.
Related Articles on Ayurveda:
- Ayurveda & Body Types: Do you Know Your Dosha?
- Ayurveda & Body Types: Doshas and the Elements
- Ayurveda - it's Elementary!
- Ayurveda Defined
- Ayurveda: 8 Golden Rules for Good Digestion
- Ayurveda: Clues for Easily Understanding the Doshas
- Ayurvedic Home Remedies: How to Get Dry Cough Relief from Bananas